Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To India and Back Again

I am officially a grump.

I got transfered to Corporate Escalations through Virgin Mobile Customer Care today. They cannot provide me with proof of my phone insurance, and are being about as helpful as a peg leg at the running of the bulls.

Still, I refuse to ditch them and go with a different company. My bill is EXTREMELY low and for the amount of data I use, switching carriers to a company that makes me PAY for data would not be in my best interest.

Therefore, I forgive you, Virgin Mobile.
I forgive you for taking away my phone insurance when I had clearly paid my bill. I forgive you for telling me you could not help me because I was inelligible for insurance afterwards. I forgive you for filling out the Technical Support ticket incorrectly. I forgive you for having to fill it out again at my request. I forgive you for never notifying me that the ticket was resolved, and I forgive you for never being able to prove to me in writing my phone insurance had been reinstated. I forgive you for NOT SPEAKING ENGLISH because your call center is located in INDIA. And finally, I forgive you for trying to bribe me with 50 minutes of bonus airtime when I called to complain.

I do hope you, in turn, forgive me for calling your Corporate Headquarters in Warren, New Jersey.

Despite the fact that my phone service costs less than a water and sewage bill, I can see where you have cut corners in order to provide the lowest rates possible.

But I swear, if I have any more problems with you, the first thing I will say when you can't understand me (ME! Who LOVES foreigners) is "Transfer me to escalations immediately, or I will hang up and call Corporate in New Jersey." Fortunately the only people who handle escalations are in the US of A. I appreciate that. It is unfortunate, however, that I have to approach insult of your Indian CSRs before I get rerouted back to my own country.

Ah, well.

No comments: